Exigence - or - Why I Felt the Need to Create this Blog

12 August 2012.

Wow. 6th Edition is here, and I feel like it incorporated many facets of our house rules here are the Lower Register.

Go us. GW, you can have those for free.

Plz look for some updates soon as I try to figure out how my precious BA will fit in to the world of Overwatch and Random Charging distances. Gotta say, so far, I am loving the idea of 5 attacks per Death Company Marine (2 base, 2 for charging, 1 for extra weapon).


-Hax out-

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Why Lower Register? Pedro and I started playing various wargames about five years ago, but found that we just didn't have time to complete standard games. We, along with our limited pool of playing partners, decided that we would become good at skirmish games that we could enjoy on a regular basis. So, over time we amassed a body of experience in Kill Team, Warmachine, Infinity, and other such games. This blog is the natural outgrowth of that experience, and our desire to share it with you all.

Friday, July 8, 2011

One or Two Teensy Little Things that I would like to see altered in Kill Team

It bothers me that squads lose their buffs in KT.  I understand that it is a fundamentally different game than standard; but, the upgrades for the KT lists cost just as much.

I wish that I could enact a fiat to alter the movement phase thusly:  Models join and leave units as independent characters.  That one elegant little change brings FnP back to Nobs, Marks of Chaos CSM, and it brings back the Shadowseer in to the fold for my Harlies, it would let Swooping Hawks and Psyker Battle Squads do their thing, and it would allow an open field for wound allocation shenanigans (not sure that last is a good thing.)

It also brings realistic vehicle tactics back in to a 200 point game.  Again, it would change the dynamic a lot if you had to account for popping vehicles; and I know, it's a different game suddenly when you can hide power fists again.

Also, perhaps something that would account for the purchase price of Fearless and Stubborn units would be nice...  Again, game changing, but instead of a Ld test with a cumulative penalty, I would like to see each unit of the kill team simply have begin taking morale tests once the model count is below 50%.  Stubborn would have an advantage here... being able to ignore the cumulative penalty.  And Fearless would simply ignore the failed morale.

But who am I to screw with the rules?

1 comment:

  1. So, follow up question: For the purpose for determining group abilities in Kill Team is a squad or a mob or a band the same thing as a unit? Semantics? You betcha! But, what isn't in this game?

    ReplyDelete